Russian development studio Unfrozen and publisher Daedalic Entertainment have revealed their upcoming roguelike RPG titles release date for Steam Early Access coming in just a short few weeks.
Set to release on July 24th, 2019, for Windows PC via Steam Early Access, Iratus: Lord of the Dead, will take a unique twist on the roguelike genre as players take the role of Iratus, a newly resurrected necromancer. Their quest will be one of bloody vengeance against those that imprisoned him in his underground tomb, attempting to seal him away for all eternity, and forcing him to seek revenge upon those who wronged him.
Buy tickets for ‘disneys The Lion King’ here!
Iratus will have a wide array of occult powers at his disposal, allowing him to make even the most talented of all conjurers wet their drawers in fear. Some of the powers will include the use of blood, guts, bones, and souls of those enemies he has vanquished in order to create powerful pawns who players will use as a part of their army to face down against those who wronged Iratus.
Players will be able to master four different skill trees including Alchemy, Magic, Ire, and Destruction alongside 100 minion skills to unlock. Man, that’s a lot of options for players to have at their disposal when looking to defeat their foes in turn-based combat while exploring a giant dungeon overworld. One interesting feature Unfrozen has revealed is permadeath, which affects but player minions as well as their main character themselves, upping the level of skill needed in order to succeed.
You can check out the official key features that were provided to us by Unfrozen:
- Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic foes!
- Advanced turn-based battle system: Learn your enemies’ weak points, exploit them with physical and magical abilities, and attack their minds to drive them insane.
- Combat and choices with consequences: Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Craft your army from the body parts of dead enemies: Select from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
- Choose from four types of necromancer talents that change the way you play, including Alchemy, Magic, Ire, and Destruction.
- Intelligent enemy AI and multiple difficulty levels to challenge even experienced RPG strategists.
- Expand and improve your underground lair with necromantic powers.
Detailed stylized 2D graphics evoking classic dark fantasy atmosphere.
- Standout voice acting from Stephan Weyte, who played Caleb in the celebrated Blood franchise.
Unfrozen has revealed that they will be continuously updating and expanding Iratus: Lord of the Dead throughout its Early Access launch with brand new content, features, and quality of life improvements to the game.
You can check out the official Steam Store listing today to find out more. Stay tuned as we have reached out to Unfrozen about going hands-on with their upcoming title.
Like this article? Check out these other pieces by some of our top contributors!
Why ‘Aliens’ Didn’t Turn The Monster Into a Space Bug
Spoiler Free Review of ‘Love, Death, and Robots: Sonnies Edge’ – ScreenHub Entertainment
Originally published on Blast Away the Game Review by Dustin Murphey
One thought on “Iratus: Lord of the Dead to enter Early Access on Steam Later This Month – Screen Hub Entertainment”